What it does
-Summaryze is a web browser add-on that will allow users to see summaries of articles without clicking on them! When a user is browsing a news site, they will find it easier to locate the article they are looking for.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Interacting with all the HTML elements in pages that we didn't design and trying to access tags several layers deep.
- None of us have developed in Node.js before.
- Configuring the Node server to accept HTTPS requests.
- Dealing with our API's free tier limitations.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Connecting to a back-end Apache server.
- Displaying a popup on hover that displays data.
What we learned
- Cross-Origin Resource requests are a significant security threat and most browsers protect against it.
- Node.js is very powerful.
- Most web extensions are easy to create but can be very difficult to configure correctly.
What's next for Summaryze