SumCrossword [Table 5]
Summarize Webpage into a crossword puzzle.
This works by frankensteining three python scripts. (Rake[https://github.com/aneesha/RAKE], Sumy[https://github.com/miso-belica/sumy], and http://bryanhelmig.com/python-crossword-puzzle-generator/).
- Uses sumy to capture and summarize any webpage into SENTENCES_COUNT sentences.
- Use RAKE (Rapid Automatic Keyword Extraction) to extract the keywords from those sentences
- Use crossword puzzle generator to make the puzzle from the clues previously made
- Parse the crossword output into a canvas drawing
- Enjoy crossword puzzle. Solve it! [Print it out]
- (Anticipated) Share through a generated .html file.
A Url. This python file will allow you to summarize any webpage into a crossword file.
The result is a postscript image (vector) with the crossword and a .txt with the clues.
- Download python.
- Download the stuff it needs [like nlp library]. # See the imports
- Download files.
- Find a website with article/news style text.
python test.py [url]
Sample Use cases: Political Research/Govnt[https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/cruz-picks-up-all-delegates-in-colo-sanders-win-in-wyo/2016/04/09/5bf92a3e-fec5-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html].
Solutions are also posted.