Being university students, we understand the struggle that comes with the transition of going to first year. We decided to create a project that would help new incoming freshman.
What it does
Use either a web-app or iOS app that allows a user (or broker) to fill in personal and travel information, choose the universities of their interest and then provide an elegant routing path that is optimized.
How I built it
Web-app => Angular, HTML, CSS, StackOverflow and lots of trial and error iOS-app => Unity, C#
Challenges I ran into
- Difficulties coming up with an idea; overcame by spending a long time trying to find a problem that was worth solving and could actually provide some type of value to the user
- Inexperience with technologies; overcame by intensively reading documentation, understanding the logic, and basically two all-nighters to get tasks done
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- A web app and iOS app that have sufficient functionality along with elegant UI. Fully functional user form and schedule optimization.
What I learned
- The most important part of development is persistence and supporting each other to ensure that everyone can complete their tasks and contribute to the overall project.
What's next for StuTours
- Hotel accommodations
- Integration with Google Calendar.