As students, learning is one of our biggest priorities. However, no matter how much we might enjoy a subject, staring at a textbook for long periods of time is sometimes extremely tedious. Which makes focusing hard. However, with the creation of StudyHub, our inspiration came in the form of Wordle, a rampant popular and simple word game which we found to be fun to play. Hence we incorporated the elements of Wordle into studying. We created an adaptation of Wordle, called chemordle, to make studying more fun. Along with that, we also added organizational tools lie a to-do list, sticky notes, and a pomodoro timer to ensure students can make the most out of their study time.
What it does
The StudyHub is a studying tool for students to practice their knowledge and develop good study habits. Our website will use effective and engaging study methods such as Wordle in order to test user knowledge in a more interactive manner comparatively to traditional studying methods. It also encourages users to develop organizational skills, and with an easy to use design, its accessible for everyone.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We managed to complete the Chemordle with external support, and were able to hit the deadline. We are also proud of the sticky notes and other organizational tools we created using help from the internet, and the fact that the title on the homepage changes colours gradually to portray our colour theme.
What we learned
What's next for Study Hub
We have several ideas for improvements we can make, including:
- Accommodations for other subjects, ie. math and other areas of science
- A chat forum similar to Stack Exchange, where students can find help for their questions
- An embedded thesaurus/dictionary
- Embedded grammar checker than can be toggled on and off
- A text-to-speech function to accommodate audio/audio-visual learners
- Fun facts: where if a student correctly answers, a fun fact will be provided
- Point system: score will be displayed on the planned forum
- On/off toggling for the autosuggest