Tamagotchi, in your stream! Users earn currency to level up by watching streamers. Streamers can make their channel go viral with awesome swag for the 'gotchi's, which will show up on the extension in other channels and bring viewers to them!
What it does
- Create a Streamogotchi by choosing a color and a name
- Watch channels with the extension to earn nits (1 nit/5 seconds)
- Spend nits on leveling up your attack or defense
- Earn experience and climb the leaderboard by fighting other 'gotchi's
- Spend nits, bits or experience on swag for your little guy!
How we built it
- We built a REST backend in Swift, so our extension works across channels
- We built a React frontend that interacts with the API to allow 'gotchi creation, viewing, and fighting
Challenges we ran into
- The developer rig had a few issues (annoying popups, debugging [more of a JS issue])
- We couldn't both work on the frontend
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Fully working server
- Built an awesome frontend that actually lets you level up and fight
What we learned
- Swift on the server is doooope
What's next for Streamogotchi
Integrating with bits, and adding a swag store.