- Windows default sticky notes, Knotable, Trello
What it does -
- Creates window's kind of sticky notes on the internet with Beautiful colors.
- No signin/signup, just create/remember the unique board name.
- Access it from anywhere, directly with board name.
- Move notes anywhere in the whole screen in real time. complete screen is droppable area.
- Unsecure but highly secure if board name is smart and longer :)
- Some restrictions applied(No more than 10 notes on home page & no more than 50 notes on board for now)
How I built it -
- By writing in coffeeScript without any coffee or caffeine :)
- Host OS - windows 8.1
- Guest OS - Xubuntu on vBox
- Text editor - Sublime Text 3
- And Google Chrome
Challenges I ran into -
- Finding idea was a biggest challenge.
- Dragging and dropping elements.
- Content editable div issue on meteor.
- Poor internet, so deploying was slow :)
Accomplishments that I'm proud of -
- Writing this markup at 5:05 AM.
- 16 Hour of continue coding.
- Build sticky with in a day.
What I learned -
- Don't spent time in setting up the app from scratch, create a meteor boilerplate and get ready with it next time.
- How to drag n drop element and update it's absolute position in realtime.
- How to handle content editable div with meteor.
What's next for stickyboard -
- Manual Resize feature.
- Apply more level of security to protect the boards.
- Real-time saving the content when user edit it, make sure don't burn the servers.
- Mobile friendly UI support.
- Make drag n drop more smooth.