When traveling with a large group in an unknown city, a group member can derail from the pack pretty easily. We built StickTogether to navigate the user to another member in the group. You can track all of your group members as points on the map in order to make sure that a child does not get lost in the city.
How we built it
Android Studio, Google Maps API and Firebase.
Challenges we ran into
- Google Directions API's lossy compression algorithm in the Encoded Polyline Algorithm Format .
- Travel group initialization from contacts.
- Database configuration.
What's next for StickTogether
- Travel group initialization from Facebook groups, Facebook group messages, and Groupme group messages.
- Concurrent navigation to a common destination for all members in the group.
- Invitation to other travel companions via SMS, Facebook, email, etc.