- We are aiming to make learning statistics be more fun by creating a game that tests middle schoolers based on baseball statistics.
What it does
- Statball is a user interface that quizzes students on math based on the statistics of their favorite MLB pitchers. The user will be able to input his favorite MLB pitcher and answer statistics-related questions based on the pitcher's data.
How we built it
- We are collecting data using the Sportradar API and importing it into a SQL lite database. We then created a Java application that does REST calls to the SQL lite database.
Challenges we ran into
- Planning the idea took longer than expected. We needed more time to implement our ideas.
Accomplishments we are proud of
- Use of REST service with spring I/O. Manually use a JDBC connection.
What we learned
- Team work. Integration of separate components into the main project. Organization.
What's next for Statball
- Expand the material that will be tested. Styl
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.