This project was developed during the START Hack 2017. We made a VR Guitar Hero-like app using Unity and the Oculus Rift.
How fun it was!
The app is easy to handle, just play the instrument in rhythm!
The main challenges for this app were :
- Extract different channels of a song (voice, drums, lead..) and play them in Game;
- Creation of an "Step editor" that records steps manually matched to music, and save them to xml file;
- Parse XML and display steps in an instrument timeline (5 tracks per instrument);
- Creation of a Game Manager that detect the synchrony of the player and the song to get a score;
- Scene creation with changing color ambiance.
Hope you will enjoy it!