People nowadays pay more and more attention to fitness and health. Personal coaches are expensive so we decided to create a virtual personal training assistant.
What it does
Taking a picture of your exercise poses (it was supposed to work) and providing tips to help improve the posture.
How we built it
The application is running on Flask, and using OpenPose we can detect the joints and therefore extracting useful information from the data we receive.
Challenges we ran into
- 12 very long hours trying to install OpenPose and failing
- Post estimation data is noisy and hard to analyze; many corner cases
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Making OpenPose work
- Carried a PC to the hackathon
What we learned
- Building libraries at a hackathon is not a good idea
What's next for SQUAT/NOT_SQUAT
- Other poses
- Accessibility for people with different backgrounds