I was going through the Square seller community and found many instances where Sellers need a Hotel Reservation System using Square Appointments, but it has not been designed to work with full-day or multiple-day bookings. Here are a few references, ref-1, ref-2, ref-3
So this drove me to try solve this full/multi-day booking using Bookings API
What it does
- Create a new hotel
- Gives you your hotel website
- You can create rooms, which translate to the catalog item
- Create bookings with Bookings API
How we built it
- Angular webapp and a Nest JS server
- Oauth2 with Square account to get details
Challenges we ran into
- Understanding Catalog API.
- Using Bookings API for Hotel as it needs a teammate to create bookings.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Getting the basic app working! After the in-depth encounter with the bookings API this seemed like a mammoth task.
What we learned
Going through the plethora of Square docs, the scale of the application amazed me. The Node.js SDK is so well written, I have picked up a few neat concepts from there as well.
What's next for Square Hotels
- Checkout API integration
- Custom Domains
- Ability to design Hotel page
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.