Home made frites are one of those things that, when you see in a restaurant, you immediately order them. Not one, two or more packs !!
However, they're not available in all restaurants. And because of COVID-19 crisis, access to some restaurants is restricted and some were even closed !
Imagine life without homemade fries !
This is where SpryFries pops in.
What is it?
It's a delivery only food truck that makes home made fries and delivers them crispy to clients. It's comprised of 4 components:
- Client app: to order fries and follow the order status.
- Driver app: to get the optimal route to take to deliver orders to clients.
- Cook app: to get the list of orders to prepare and when to start each one for optimal crispiness !
- Ghost Food truck: a food truck specialized in making home made fries and which serves also as moving marketing and delivery truck.
Fries recipe is important here. Because the recipes we're using make it easy to serve fries crispy. Our recipes include 2 frying steps:
- 1st fry at 160 degrees
- Fries need to rest between 8 minutes and 5 hours.
- 2nd fry takes one minute.
And this is what allows us to fry them right before we hand them to our clients.
Challenges I ran into
Making the video was a bit challenging and building a 3d preview of the food truck as well. And coming up with a sound business model and trying to make it work was not that easy.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
What I learned
I learnt a ton of things. From UI design to video making and editing to 3d modeling to business models.
What's next for Spry Fries
The next thing is to launch!