Do you always go out with groups of friends and end up footing the entire bill on the receipt? Having to remember in your head who owes you and how much exactly do they owe you? It's too much effort, and the person who often pays for the bill never gets the desired amount back.
What it does
You take a picture of the receipt. You indicate the number friends who were present with you at dinner. The total bill is then divided equally (for first-use test cases), and is neatly displayed on one dashboard on your phone.
Your friends now know how much they owe. All you need to do is to just take 1 picture of your bill. SplitPay takes care of the rest for you. You never have to fret about not getting your money back again. It's simple, easy, and fast.
How We built it
- using ReactNative for front-end, Google Cloud API for back-end
Challenges We ran into
- learning to use new technologies (ReactNative)
- understanding how to use the Interac API
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- knowing how to use Google Cloud visual API for receipt recognition
- building first mobile app