After going to eat multiple times with many people and many orders, we decided that there must be an application that allows group of friends to be able to split the bill based on what each person ordered.
What it does
A user takes a picutre of the final receipt which creates seperate tabs of each item on the receipt. Those tabs can be dragged and dropped into the corresponding bin, which represents each member of the group. Each of those bins calculates a seperate sub-total which is then can be requested by the host to be charged from each member.
How we built it
- Ran image detection algorithm to detect words
- convert seperate words to text file in a correct order and format
- format a dictionary with items and prices from the text file
- convert dictionary to json format
- pass json to server for front end