SpaceChanger is a WebAR utility to help with home renovation. Users can visualize wall, ceiling, and floor texture changes from their AR enabled smartphone.
SpaceChange is open source and hosted on GitHub:
React Native ARKit app for creating rooms (RN-AR branch) - https://github.com/code-matt/spacechangers/tree/RN-AR WebXR App For Viewing rooms (master branch) - https://github.com/code-matt/spacechangers/edit/master/ (Note different git histories on branches above because of very late project tech pivot to ARKit)
- Upon launch, users will add SpaceChanger Surfaces to their environment by placing 4 corners to define a surface.
- After placement, users can interact with any SpaceChanger Surface by selecting them. Users will be able to see texture/color/paint changes in real-time, and select from textures or paints provided by manufacturers.
- If in need of inspiration, the color palette selector will allow users to choose from our recommended Color Schemes.
- Furniture can also be placed in the space, allowing for a complete home renovation experience.
- Designs can be saved and uploaded to our server for sharing, downloading, and viewing on other devices in XR.
Day 1: our hopes were unfortunately dashed by a full day of development hell on Day 1. We spent the entire day trying to get the Hello World MagicScript example to build successfully to the ML headset.
Day 2: we discovered that there are 3 different flavors of MagicScript, and only one of them works with React. The majority of Day 2 was spent trying to understand the differences between Immersive, Landscape, and MagicScript Components. After several false starts, we eventually got going to a point where MagicScript could not support what we were trying to do, so we were compelled to abandon MagicScript and start afresh.
Day 3: we began afresh with A-Frame, and got a working prototype for placing surfaces and changing their texture. We'd call that a success!
index.html is AR index2.html is VR
RN ARKit App
clone npm install cd iod pod install cd .. react-native start ( start xcode select development team ) ( click play )
The SpaceChange team includes:
- Cosmo Kramer
- Jeffrey Lu
- Matt Thompson
- Vadim Manokhin