- Life-long admiration of Astronomy.
- Enjoy teaching tech./science-related topics.
What it does
- Alexa Skill presenting space-themed facts in the form of missions that ask the player various questions.
- Pre-mission "info. session" gives user hints about upcoming questions.
- Basic score-keeping based on completion of tasks.
How I built it
- .NET Core 2.0
- Custom library for building Alexa skills.
Challenges I ran into
- Trying to build fluid transitions between each part of a mission when dealing with Alexa Skill's template of having one endpoint for all requests.
- Combining output of multiple steps in a mission within one response.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- An almost fully-featured library/middleware for building Alexa skills.
- Recording lots of personal vocals/music.
- Utilizing Alexa Skill cards to progressively enhance the skill.
What I learned
- Building a library and skill/game from scratch within a short time-frame requires trade-offs.
- Could not build as many missions up-front.
- Having complex logic flow through one-endpoint is very complicated. Not having a cookie-cutter pattern to the logic within the app. does not help either.
What's next for Space Game
- Build more depth into each mission. This mainly includes more tasks. Having more tasks will allow for randomization.
- Add support for Echo Buttons once API is available.
- Possibly re-do some of the audio.