Browse and purchase items sold by local and mainstream musicians
Detailed item pages for sold items, integrate.
View live and pre-recorded streams and purchase merchandise.
Integrated purchases of merchandise using the square in-app android sdk
View recorded concerts and performances right from your TV
Live concerts and musician merchandise sales from your FireTV.
Small and large musicians alike are struggling during the current COVID-19 pandemic. SoundBrowser is a FireTV platform for hosting online / from home concerts and selling merchandise directly through your TV. This app adds a new way for fans to engage with the content of local musicians while simultaneously supporting musicians through merchandise sales.
How we built it
- Took a base FireTV application and updated to accommodate videos of live music artists
- Added in logic to pull in merchandise information from a live API
- Powered by Square payments to collect and make purchases of items from your television set.
Challenges we ran into
- Merging square payments sdk into a FireTV application.
- Integrating in-app purchases
What we learned
- How to set up our first square application
What's next for Sound Browser
- Integrate user accounts
- Add musician portal for customizing purchases
- Social media integrations