Build Your World in a Snap
When we were kids, we built entire worlds out of simple shapes and watched adventures unfold from above. Using the HTC Vive, Snapstreet lets you build your world with easy tools and then take a step into it just like we've always dreamed of. Building Blocks are a toy of the past when you can make your imagination into a virtual reality.
- Full room scale VR support with the HTC Vive and Unreal Engine 4.
- Snap together tiles to build a custom city design.
- Teleport around your own virtual space to build to your heart's content.
- Shrink down and explore your city streets from the ground.
As a one man programming team, there was no time for breaks or naps. Figuring out bugs in the code was quite challenging without another developer to rack my brain with, but it was a challenge well worth it for the experience I've gained while working with the project.
Here's a list of improvements that could be made to the game, given more time to expand on it:
- Ability to spawn more tiles into the environment
- Custom hand models for world building
- Greater detail for truly interactive worlds
- New types of environments and other dynamics to add to the interactivity
Aside from the fun application of using this to build and explore a world, virtual reality has opened up opportunities that we've never had before. We're now not only able to design architecture on computers, but we can physically explore them before turning those plans into real life projects that could range anywhere from a desk chair to an entire city block. This is the future of architectural design.