We wanted to change the way we job search.
What it does
SnapJobs removes the need for making any query online and job searching. SnapJobs allows the user to snap a photo of a company logo, and it instantly brings up the available job openings.
How I built it
We used react-native as our mobile development framework and used Google's Cloud Vision API to detect company logos.
Challenges I ran into
- Using the Google Vision API to detect logos
- Capturing and sending an image to the API
- Using React Native for mobile development
- Finding an API for jobs
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- We were able to get a proof of concept working. Most of our core features were implemented in a short amount of time.
What I learned
- How the Google Cloud Platform works
- How the Google Vision API works
- React Native
- Project Management
- Team Communication
What's next for SnapJobs
We want to continue developing our features. We want to add the option of bookmarking jobs to come back to at a later time.