The idea arose from a very sober conversation with my friend. He is a powerhouse when it comes to ideas and I always get new ideas when I'm around him. But this one in particular stuck with me, an Uber for Photographers. I ended up chatting with a professional photographer friend of mine and she agreed that it was a wonderful idea too. It gives a great opportunity for both amateur and professional photographers to gain both experience and clientele.
What it does
The vision :
- Create Separate Logins for Photographers & Clients
- Create Landing Pages
- Create an Accessible Database
- Create a search with maps feature
- Create a in-app messaging feature
The product (as of right now) :
- Separate Logins for Photographers & Clients
- Have Responsive Landing Pages
- The Database is implemented
How I built it
I ended up using .asp.net.core for building the web app. The pages are hybrid of both C# and html. I implemented simple UX designs and used Adobe Experience Design to create some mock-ups. After the mock ups, implemented a singular class for the database with a check variable to distinguish between the different User Levels.
Challenges I ran into
I am brand new with using asp.net.core and I haven't used much of similar products a lot. The only previous experience I had was html, css, js websites I worked with over the summer. I ran into couple documentation issues which was noted by the Microsoft Representative to add to the tutorial. Also, I started the plan knowing that I'm going to not be able to complete the entire set of goals but work as much as I can. Also, had a hard time finding help when needed (but I found them eventually and they were super helpful.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- The project so far
- The UX Design
- The Logo
- Learning to Use Asp.Net.Core after I hated .Net for the longest time and actually loving the process.
- Understanding the Model View Controller Idea
What I learned
- More Visual Studio
- UX Design
What's next for Snap Moments
- Couple more months in development to complete the goals and create a stable app for release and potentially launch a company.