This is an improvisation on the classic game, Snakes and Ladders (or Chutes and Ladders).
What it does
- It's a multiplayer game possibly for now 2 player game.
- A chess piece is randomly assigned to the two players from the 3 chess pieces king, rook, and knight.
- The game proceeds the same way as the regular snakes and ladders, but with restricted movements in the game pieces.
- The number of moves for chess pieces is the same as that in chess.
- When a six is rolled, the player gets another roll and move.
- Whoever first gets to 100 wins.
- There is a drop zone with negative scoring and a plus zone with positive scoring/move.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
It was difficult maneuvering the moves of chess in a snake and ladder game. It took us a while to implement the logic. Logical implementation was tough but we were able to figure it out with great teamwork and effort. Moreover we were not able to implement the py file to the website.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are proud of our finished project and the website. :)
What we learned
We learned how to deploy websites and the basics of creating a game with Pygame. We also learned problem-solving, and how to break up the tasks to better approach them.
What's next for SnakeMate
We are planning to implement it as a multiplayer game instead of just two players and we plan to incorporate leaderboards as well.