As programmers and gamers, we have long wished to create a project that would allow us to combine our respective strengths. We've seen and played a lot of games on web2 and web3. What was cool about web3 games is that they were community owned and everything was focused around the communities. We wanted to build something that resonated with this idea.
What it does
Classic Snake Mania Game now with web3 feature like theme as NFT, Decentralised Finance with in game purchase and get free game token ERC 20
How we built it
We build it using unity game engine with help of web3 library, metamask wallet to authenticate users, firebase to save user data and some logic, code and magic of our team
- Simple classic gameplay with arrow controls
- Decentralised finance system (DeFi) with in-app items with Moonbeam Alpha
- Get game reward as ERC-20 token
- NFT 1155 as game player theme
Challenges we ran into
- Figuring out an economic model to make the treasury self-sustaining.
- Finding the rights tools to build with.
- Connecting the game with the smart contract.
- Working on a Web3 project in general.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
This whole project is an accomplishment for us. When we started out, we just had an idea of what we want the final product to look like with no clue about how we're going to go about building it. Slowly, everything started coming together and now here we are. In a matter of a couple of weeks, we've gone from ideation to implementation to completion.
What we learned
The only part of developing a P2E game is not the technical/graphical aspect of it. One of the most important things is the design of the virtual economy. It should be balanced and stop players from exploiting the game. There's a lot to learn about designing virtual economies.
What's next for Snake Mania Game
- Utilising game token in game and improve smart contract
- Adding other elements to the game like characters, items etc
- Continue optimising until it's ready to be deployed on the Mainnet.
ERC-20 game token (SMG) Smart Contract Address : 0x142C409B25761A0ED489e6Bb8A5eacb5A28eECe7
NFT-1155 and In-Game Purchase Smart Contract Address : 0x144F30DD3e1D41313a33E4129A232EEB7e3B5d45
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.