Inspiration

The inspiration for this project was drawn from meeting all the amazing game developers here at Pearl Hacks. When seeing all the amazing things they have created and witnessing the excitement they had for what they do, we were drawn into the concept of game making.

What it does

Snaaze Shooter is a first person based shooter game. The goal of our project was to create a game in which there were multiple levels and a point system. Projectiles would be thrown at the user, and if the player shot a projectile they would earn a point, and if the projectile hit the player, they would take damage. In the current version of the game, the player can shoot the objects placed into the game (projectiles).

How we built it

This project was built using blueprints in Unreal Engine.

Challenges we ran into

There were many challenges in creating this project. This was our first time using Unreal Engine, and as such we were unfamiliar with all of its workings and the logic of the blueprint system. We had difficulties giving specific locations and motion to our projectiles, and were not able to create the point system for multi-level play.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We are proud of the amount of progress we made on the game considering it was the first time we had ever attempted game design and also the first time we had used Unreal Engine. We are also proud of our "Start Page" design which referenced the game's simple shapes and functions, those that it shares with many older games.

What we learned

It is obvious that we learned how to use many aspects of the Unreal Engine, including its logic and blueprint coding system. However, what I think we learned the most was that game developing is not as easy as it appeared to be, but it does turn out to be as exciting as we hoped it would be.

What's next for Snaaze Shooter

We hope in the future to be able to integrate a point system and multi-level play into the game. We also hope to have many colorful projectiles for the player to battle.

Built With

Share this project:

Updates