How can we make secure chatrooms a thing of the past? By not having any data to protect!
What it does
Smokeroom sets up temporary chatrooms that auto-delete 2 minutes after the last message. Messages auto-delete after 3 seconds, ensuring no one will see what you're saying.
How I built it
The following packages:
- accounts-password 1.1.3 Password support for accounts
- accounts-ui 1.1.6 Simple templates to add login widgets to an app
- autopublish 1.0.4 (For prototyping only) Publish the entire database to all clients
- blaze-html-templates 1.0.1 Compile HTML templates into reactive UI with Meteor Blaze
- digilord:faker 1.0.7 Faker.js packaged for Meteor. Generate massive amounts of fake data
- ecmascript 0.1.5 Compiler plugin that supports ES2015+ in all .js files
- es5-shim 4.1.13 Shims and polyfills to improve ECMAScript 5 support
- fezvrasta:bootstrap-material-design 0.3.0 FezVrasta's Bootstrap theme implementing Google's Material (Paper) - Design
- flyandi:reactive-countdown 0.0.3 A simple reactive countdown timer for Meteor
- insecure 1.0.4 (For prototyping only) Allow all database writes from the client
- iron:router 1.0.12 Routing specifically designed for Meteor
- jagi:astronomy 1.0.2* Model layer for Meteor
- jagi:astronomy-timestamp-behavior 1.0.0 Timestamp behavior for Meteor Astronomy
- jquery 1.11.4 Manipulate the DOM using CSS selectors
- less 2.5.0_3 Leaner CSS language
- meteor-base 1.0.1 Packages that every Meteor app needs
- mobile-experience 1.0.1 Packages for a great mobile user experience
- momentjs:moment 2.10.6 Moment.js (official): parse, validate, manipulate, and display dates - official - Meteor packaging
- mongo 1.1.2 Adaptor for using MongoDB and Minimongo over DDP
- natestrauser:animate-css 3.4.0 Animate.css packaged for meteor
- percolate:synced-cron 1.3.0 Allows you to define and run scheduled jobs across multiple servers.
- session 1.1.1 Session variable
- standard-minifiers 1.0.1 Standard minifiers used with Meteor apps by default.
- tracker 1.0.9 Dependency tracker to allow reactive callbacks
- useraccounts:bootstrap 1.12.4 Accounts Templates styled for Twitter Bootstrap.
- useraccounts:core 1.12.4 Meteor sign up and sign in templates core package.
- useraccounts:iron-routing 1.12.4 UserAccounts package providing routes configuration capability via iron:router.
- utilities:avatar 0.9.2 Consolidated user avatar template (twitter, facebook, gravatar, etc.)
Challenges I ran into
Getting the timing scripts to work correctly with the message and room removal.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Having a pretty polished product.
What I learned
Some cron stuff
What's next for Smokeroom
Apps for all platforms!