Inspiration

We wanted to improve upon the New Orleans model to include the disability risk factor.

What it does

It calculates overall risk for city block groups of not having a smoke detector and fire fatalities.

How I built it

We calculated the disability risk through R coding and visualization in Tableau.

Challenges I ran into

Differences in data collection, some data had tracts information, some was on blocks, etc. Determining what weights to allocate to different risk factors.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

Seeing the actionable change in the risk assessments from old to new model.

What's next for SmokeDetector - Disability Risk Model

To update the model for new census and fire information as needed.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates