LookupItems and Dashboard
County purchases items for Office/Work like Computers, Laptops, Phones, Printers, Chairs, Tables etc. After 4 to 5 years these items are replaced and the old items are moved to the warehouse where they are either scrapped or auctioned off. Wouldn't it be better if County Employees and Non-Profit organizations can reuse these items and recycle them later on at the nearest recycling locations..
What it does
- Allows County Employees and Non-Profit organizations to search and order items online.
- Allows Warehouse manager to add items to the inventory and manage orders
- Allow users to find a nearest recycling location
- It works on all mobile devices
- Creates a new dataset from recycleworks.org which could be uploaded to SMC Open Data
How I built it
Challenges I ran into
It was challenging to build an end to end solution quickly. Also as no data set was available to get the recycling locations we had to write special code to screen scrape recycleworks.org to get the recycling locations and add it to ESRI Map. It was also challenging to create the shortest route on the map to reach the recycling locations.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
We are happy that we were able to build the site quickly and had it fully functional within a day.
What I learned
Hacking is FUN!
What's next for SMC-SURPLUS
We want it to be used at San Mateo County.