The inspiration behind Smart Mart was the fact that it is often difficult for buyers to find the appropriate products suiting their price range in their locality. Due to expanding e-commerce people, usually buy all stuff from websites. But some people rather prefer having viewed the product physically. Smart Mart makes this job a lot easier, it features varieties of same products from different nearby shops. And you can compare the prices of the products as well as the distance from you and thereby saving all the hassle of having to go physically to all the stores and checking those same products! Shops can also sell more products and increase �
What it does
It's supposed to efficiently connect customers to potential shops by tracking their location in correspondence with those of shops near them and rating the search results for the shops and the products that they keep. It is also supposed to filter our choices with the help of a toggle filter that filters result accordingly. Besides that, Smart Mart also allows shopkeepers to connect with potential customers through its interface and always coaxes them to be at their best service by enabling customer reviewing features.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Due to some unprecedented circumstances and due to both teammates' lack of back-end coding skills, being beginners we could only complete all the screen designs and front-end coding part of the website entirely and not the back-end part of the project which would have enhanced the functionality of the web app completely.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We are really proud of the minimalistic, in sync, eye-friendly screen designs that we came up with freshly for Smart Mart.
- We are also glad about completing the front-end coding part of so many different pages at such a narrow point in time.
- Being real coding noobs, completing this project was a dream come true for us. Unfourtunately the backend guys left and we were alone :/ but very glad to finish the front-end part
What we learned
- We learned to use the professional tool Figma for making screen designs and that is something that would really help with making future UI/UX designs.
- We also learnt to include more variations with CSS3 coding.
- We learnt basic react functions
What's next for SmartMart
- We will definitely be making the back-end part of Smart Mart as a future scope of this project so that its use cases and utility in efficiency can be faced by everybody.
- We also want to integrate a friendly chat bot to the web app so as to guide users about using its interface better.