- Being in quarantine
- Finding recipes but they lack written instructions and you either end up forgetting or have to watch while you attempt a recipe-- which can be both time consuming and a hassle
What it does
Streams of cooking at home and food playlists with a note taking option and an inspiration gallery to get you hungry and motivated!
How we built it
- Youtube API
Challenges we ran into
- Spacing/Alignment issues
- It is not a registered webapp by Google so it requires signing in so Google can verify that it is a trusted source. It can only function on a server.
- Filtering through parameters
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Getting the youtube API to work!
- Working in different time zones and remotely
What we learned
- How to use the youtube api to get a list of videos from a channel and their respective ID’s to use for showing the videos on the site.
What's next for SmartChef
- Putting more videos on the site from different youtube channels
- Add a search function so users can find videos