The biggest inspiration was to manage the problem of lack of transparency in Challan system that became largely noticable after the heafly challans. The current challan system also lacks a systematic behaviour in filing and management of challans.
What it does
Our Web app offers a centralized system to :
- Help people view their challans and report if not found (case of fraud).
- Enables Traffic Officer to upload the challans data and get a corresponding payable receipt.
- Provides Insight Analysis based on traffic violation data.
How we built it
- We also used BootStrap css and Chart.js for visualisation.
- Used FireBase as a backend service.
- FireStore for Realtime Database and Authentication service.
Challenges we ran into
- Designing a transparent system for challans.
- Providing analytics from the data stored on FiseStore.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Building everything in a single webpage while providing different access rights to different users.
- Helping to improve the challans system.
What we learned
- FireBase, FireStore, BootStrap, adding Payment Gateways in web apps
What's next for Smart Traffic Challans
- Provide more analytics
- Try to implement it in action.