"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" - Nelson Mandela
Unfortunately, education is not universally accessible to all.
Challenge 1: There are 4 million school age refugees unable to attend school
Challenge 2: Globally there are 132 million girls out of school
We want to build a solution using Ethereum & Chainlink to promote refugee & girls education.
What it does?
- Scholarship as a tool to enable positive social impact
- Targeted scholarships to promote equity for refugee & girl students
- Academic performance (merit) based automatic monetary disbursement
- Transcend geography and currency boundaries to enable donors across the globe
- Verifiable metrics & measurable impact – digitally verifiable credential for donors
Powered by Ethereum | Chainlink | Metamask
How it works?
How it works?
- An administrator is able to configure & set up a smart scholarship (A smart contract created on Ethereum)
- Donors can contribute to scholarship contracts directly from their Metamask wallet
- Academic institution enrols eligible students to the scholarship
- The smart scholarship contract makes an external call via Chainlink API to get scores, evaluate performance & rank
- The smart contract automatically sends scholarship money to student wallets
What we learned
- Chainlink end to end flow
- Request data from smart contract -> deployed oracle sends job to locally spun up node -> node hits external API -> response sent back to smart contract
- How to build an external adapter
- How to deploy a local chainlink node
What's next for Smart Scholarship
- Interest building funding pools
- The interest can be allocated based on a DAO voting mechanism (e.g. to fund the improvement of infrastructure in a specific town in a developing country)