I see lot of relevant ads which are personalised to me on the Internet. But, I don't see the same thing happening with the Offline ads.
What it does
We are solving this problem by using the powerful data available on internet. This is B2B. Give us details what your company does, we show you the heat map of Tokyo which shows the place where yours ads would do better.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- While fetching the geo data, we have like infinite co-ordinates. So, we used depth first search algorithm to start from the middle of Tokyo and defined some limits and ran the algo to get the geo data.
- We are team of all backend engineers, we needed some one to code the frontend part. learnt little of jquery overnight to build the frontend.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We solved all the challenges we faced in to time.
What we learned
- Having a frontend guy would have been better, we
What's next for smart-offline-ads
- There's a lot of room for improvement. We can even further improve our algorithm. Dividing a place into much smaller blocks would definitely get more specified results.
- We can even show the details of billboards present in the area, give the client details to contact the dealer directly which would make it much easier