I'm taking this opportunity to integrate Stellar tokens in a video game.
What it does
Code that makes it easy to award tokens on the Stellar network when a game achievement is earned.
User Experience Process Flow
- User starts game
- Logs in with their mobile device
- Receives a random code on their mobile device. Code expires in 15 minutes
- The first time a user logs in, an account is created on the Stellar Test Network.
- New accounts are sponsored by the token distribution account.
- User receives private key to their account. The key is not stored on the server.
- User plays games, receives achievement awards which are token transfers to their Stellar account.
How I built it
I developed the game using Godot, an open source game engine. The game code is written in gdscript. The backend uses go, php, and postgresql.
Challenges I ran into
login function in Godot.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
login using an otp through Twilio.
What I learned
integrating tokens on the Stellar network in a video game didn't actually require building a separate module as I had originally though was necessary.
What's next for Sleepy Cats - Use Sponsored Reserves in Game Achievements
make it more plug-n-play for easier deployment. building a "storefront" for players to use their earned tokens for in-game purchases.