Slack app developer was a bottleneck for any slack app office bot-message update that has to be done by Office Manager. What if we can eliminate the developer so that the Office Manager can schedule a message on her own without the need for developer support.
What it does
It lets you create instant Slack app message, schedule message & view schedules messages.
How I built it
Forge Marco app for Confluence and using Slack API.
Challenges I ran into
Not able to use the Slack Node SDK, end up building my slack API calls using the Forge API fetch.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Eliminate the Slack app developer's need to create and schedule a message for the Slack office bot: no waiting time, freedom for Office Manager.
- The zero learning curve for the Office Manager, Quicker to schedule messages, as office manager, is already comfortable using Confluence.
- Instead of creating another Slack app-admin UI web app with worrying about server, hosting deployment, and security, Forge lets you build apps faster.
What I learned
You can create Forge apps faster and secure, without worrying about the hosting, design, UI frameworks for faster development.
What's next for Slack Officebot App Admin Forge Macro app
- Delete scheduled message
- Schedule message to a specific user, birthday wishes, anniversary …
- Use current user time for scheduling the message