- Jairo Bedolla was struggling to find a ride back home after HackSC.
- Facebook RideShare groups are unorganized and hard to find.
What it does
- organizes RideShares in one community, allowing students to find rides to other colleges for cheap.
How we built it
- used figma to design the app
- used xcode and swift to code the app
- used facebook sdk to gather data to organize
- created a sorting algorithm that searched facebook posts for keywords, allowing the app to automatically generate rideshare posts to its own server.
Challenges we ran into
- facebook went down for a little while
- sorting algorithm was much harder to create than integrate
- language barrier (¾ of us don’t know xcode)
- had to sleep
Accomplishments that we’re proud of
- user interface is clean and user-friendly
- algorithm is complex and works efficiently
- idea is practical and desireable
What we learned
- how to use facebook sdk to gather data from users.
- jairo learned what an api is
What’s next for skrrrt
- gain access to all california rideshare forums
- improve user interface
- integrate more facebook elements to improve connectivity