Baseball Hack Day Boston 2018

We will be using Lahman's Baseball Database

What we did

  • Learned VLOOKUP to pull in all the relevant data into our dataset--in this case, Player full name, Team full name, and year
  • Our dataset includes the following columns:

| playerID | playerName | yearID | teamID | team

  • We used Papa Parser to parse the CSV into a javascript-readable format
  • We used a stock Djikstra implementation to create a graph data structure storing player and team data over time, then traversed the graph to
  • The form on the front-end captures user input, calls the graph, then outputs the resulting connection between two players

Resources

TODO

  • Typeahead search for player names
  • Form validation
  • Reset searched property after completed search
  • Fix handling for multiple players of the same name.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates