We began with the hopes of making a circuit that through Fourier Transforms and signal phase shifts cancels out noise and unnecessary surround sound,
What it does
Follows song pitches and presents an 8 bit rendition of it through a mini-speaker.
How I built it
-Takes an input through the microphone.
- Arduino transforms the input via Fourier Transforms to the frequency domain. The code is manipulated.
- Speaker outputs the 8-bit rendition of the song.
Challenges I ran into
- Employing and subsequently using the Arduino Fast Fourier Transform took up a lot of time, and therefore we had to settle for a pitch follower rather than a noise cancelling electronic circuit.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Getting the Arduino to follow the input we give to the Microphone.
What I learned
- How to implement Fourier Transforms with Arduino.
- Soldering and unsoldering components to meet requirements.
What's next for SingMySong - Arduino Spectrum Analyzer
- Use it as a launchpad to make a circuit that cancels low frequency noise around the circuit.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.