Shopping is an unavoidable part of life: its hard, nobody wants to do it, and its even harder when you have to collaborate with friends or family.
What it does
To make things easier we created ShOWLopping List. ShOWLopping List is a digital shopping list app that enables consumers to collaborate in real-time on shared shopping lists. Imagine you're planning a party with friends, you can create a list, share it with your friends, and all work together on planning out the party. This way everyone can pitch in but only one person has to go to the store.
How we built it
We decided to have used AWS Amplify as our backend and use Kotlin for a native Android application and a React application for the web.
Challenges we ran into
- Integration of the Amplify GraphQL API client with Android / Kotlin
- Keep resources on the Amplify backend in a good state, while having enabled CI/CD with GitHub and automatic provisioning of AWS resources
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Real-time communication between clients
- Great team collaboration
- Beautiful product
What we learned
- How to collaborate with co-workers
- How to leverage AWS Amplify with React and Android
- How to organize time and tasks
What's next for SHOWLOPPING LIST
- [ ] Maintain the Android Client backend communication
- [ ] Improving the UI and adding beautiful animations 😄