Frustration to travel a lot in grocery stores when I could have optimized my path to pick all items.
What it does
Input : A shopping checklist Output : Optimized route to follow for shopping.
How we built it
Backend - Python-Flask Front End - Ext Js
Challenges we ran into
- Problem resembles to Travelling salesman problem. Getting an optimized solution.
- Inflexibility of Ext Js framework to get things working. It takes lot of time to get simple things as compared to modern framework.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Made a REST api that can connect to any mobile client.
- Implemented heuristic version of Travelling Salesman problem.
What we learned
- REST api is hosted on Google app engine. Google app engine makes thing more tough when you are using third party libraries in Python. Choose Heroku instead.
- Choose your tools properly.
What's next for Shortcut
- Adding routing through walking passage in grocery stores.