Interaction with the slackbot
The iOS App
Purchase confirmation on iOS
What it does
It cuts down the time users spend researching on products to buy.
How we built it
We built a python web app hosted on Google app engine which talks
We used following services:
- Api.ai for the intelligence
- Slack Bot api for interacting with slack
- iOS SDK for native app client
- Google App engine for hosting
- ElasticSearch - for indexing product
Challenges we ran into
- It took us some time completely understand the Api.AI agent and it's corner cases and limitations that we ran into.
- Here are some different corner cases we considered for our app's design.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We've successfully built a prototype that can understand a variety of queries and help people do their shopping from chat.
What we learned
- Technologies: Api.AI, Slack Bot api, ElasticSearch
- Distributed system challenges in building a low latency and reliable messaging app that is also intelligent
What's next for ShopBot
We would love to keep working on ShopBot and extend it to other avenues of online shopping like planning & booking travel tickets and giving more options to the user for searching and comparing.