- Updated to Spark AR version v102.
- Recognizes Water Drop sound(Beta).
- Utilizes Dynamic Instantiation to create & destroy Blocks(3D Models).
- Utilizes Plane Tracking to create back camera experience called Arena.
- Tutorial has been updated with all the latest features.
Content creators are always looking for new ways to express themselves. While there is an app for everything, there isn't one for beat boxing. So I decided to create a Spark AR effect that takes beat boxing videos to the next level.
What it does
The effect uses Audio Patches to identify sounds from user's microphone and gamify the whole beatboxing experience. Users score points & unlock new levels by beatboxing the right sounds. The effect enables beatboxers to showcase their skills like never before
How I built it
With few patches and a lot of scripting.
Challenges I ran into
- Differentiating sounds
- Designing the logo 😅
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
The effect can recognize four beat-boxing sounds (Kick Drum, Snare, Hi-Hat & Water Drop)
What I learned
- Writing a tutorial is lot more difficult than building the effect. I am really grateful to all the technical writers out there.🙏
- Anybody can learn to beatbox !
What's next for Shockwave
- Level JSON generation from .mp3 files using Pytorch's TorchAudio
- Recognition of sounds based on patterns 📊 in signal power of bands instead of signal values.
- Enhancement of Confettis using Sprite Sheets