This is a web-app named, "SHARE.IT", which is designed to be world's first Crowd-fooding social platform. Is 'Crowd-fooding' unknown to you? Well, it is a new term used by our team, Codeepy, in order to deal with the challenges of food waste and food scarcity in developing countries. Share.it is the true Crowd-fooding platform which enables any person (termed as 'Volunteer' in the app) to collaborate with any other person (other volunteers) and food banks to lead the movement of "Food For Everyone". Using Share.it you can share food (any food even your good leftovers) with people who might need it or share food with other volunteers, who may know people in need of food. The app just does not enable you to share but also allow you to seek food near your location if you need any. The whole idea behind the app is to create awareness of food waste and its consequence, and provide a novel solution to reduce the food waste by creating simple socialising concept.
MOTO: "FOOD FOR EVERYONE"
- Every day about 21,000 people die of hunger or hunger-related causes
- Every year approximately one third of the food produced in the world, which weighs around 1.3 billion tonnes, are either wasted or get lost
- Poor nutrition causes nearly 45% of deaths in children under five and approximately 3.1 million children die each year
- Around 805 million people in the world do not have adequate food to lead a healthy life
- Every year approximately one third of the food produced in the world, which weighs around 1.3 billion tonnes and costs $165 billion (including production cost) approximately, are either wasted or gets lost
What is Share.it and it's use?
Share.it is a web application, which enables any person to engage and lead the "Food For Everyone" movement.
All the things which you can do in Share.it, make it the world's first true Crowd-Fooding platform!
How it works
Using Share.it you can:
- Share food or leftovers with people who may need them
- Find the nearest food banks and get directions to them
- Find other volunteers just like you and collaborate with them to lead your own movement
- Collaborate with food banks to support and spread the awareness through the built-in 'Share.it Network'
- You can also request for any food from volunteers and food banks if you need so....
Challenges I ran into
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
The winner of Koding's Virtual Global Hackathon for The Best Use of 3scale API.