Coffee shops are a great place to grab your morning brew, catch up with pals, and get some work done. There are many reasons to love coffee shops, let’s say, for having a great taste from your favorite coffee shops, looking for good vibes, and being connected with friends, for example.
The coffee shop and coffee beverage business in Indonesia is booming in recent years, becoming an emerging business that appears like fungus in the rainy season. This can be seen from the significant increase in the number of coffee shops in the past three years as well as in the domestic coffee consumption.
Indonesia’s domestic coffee consumption also continues to rise. Indonesia’s Coffee Consumption Annual Data 2019 released by the Global Agricultural Information Network shows projections of domestic consumption (Coffee Domestic Consumption) in 2019/2020 reaching 294,000 tonnes or around 13,9 percent compared to consumption in 2018/2019, which reached 258,000 tonnes.
But the problem is, there are still many coffee shops that have a comfy place and taste quality coffee but do not have a lot of customers. So we introduce Senja. Senja is a coffee shop marketplace where people can find many coffee shops or cafes nearby on our phones. Senja help coffee shop owners to promote their store through the app, providing a wider customer reach.
This project was inspired by our friend, Kuncoro Prayogo
What it does
Senja is a coffee shop marketplace where people can find many coffee shops or cafes nearby on our phones. Senja help coffee shop owners to promote their store through the app, providing a wider customer reach.
Senja will also recommend nearby coffee shops to its users. Users can see the menu sold at the coffee shop as well as the reviews. Additionally, they can also see how many customers are in the coffee shop, so that they know whether the coffee shop is crowded or not.
How we built it
We built using React for building the apps and Firebase for database and authentication.
Challenges we ran into
- Determining which features are fit for the minimum viable product
- Constantly implementing new small ideas/features while completing the application
- Many applications might have similar functions as Senja, to find a store location. However, the difference is that Senja focused on uniting and creating an ecosystem for Coffee Shops
Accomplishments that we’re proud of
We killed our sprint, we made it this far.
What we learned
We learn about project coordination, maintain the pace for a coding marathon, and we learn how to achieve front end-back end synergy.
What’s next for our project
We will add more features to facilitate the coffee shop in promoting their business. For example, we will add more features like:
- Membership. The users can buy a membership in our app to get free 1 cup a coffee every day in all the coffee shops that cooperated with Senja. In return, Senja will promote their coffee shop in our app. For example, the coffee shop would be number 1 in the search results.
- Find the Coffe Shop event. The users can get Senja points from scan barcodes in each coffee shop. More points, more rewards that users can earn. This event will help the coffee shops to reach more customers.