When I saw for the first time " Reinvent selfies " my first reaction was Seriously you guys, a hackathon about selfies? . So i didn't have any idea for possible project or how i could give a solution that use selfies in a new way. Fortunately, in a discussion with family about disable persons, we talked about alzeihmer and people who confuse other people. Then, Boom! The "Selfies For Disabilities" app is born !
How it works
This is the instructions for using Selfies For Disabilities :
- Download the app ( link can be founded in project's page )
- The app, when opened, will be in shooting mode. ( You can tape on the tiny camera icon to switch to frontal/principal camera° . You will find also an
- Click on train and the app should select the face of the person you're shooting
- tape on face name and enter the face name :p
- Click on Rec . The App will take selfies of your dude. When Rec finish click on stop training.
- Before to click on Search, you should do rec for at least two persons.
- Then when you click on search, the app detect the person face and tell who is that person based on the selfies taken before ;)
Challenges I ran into
- Reinvent the Selfie :p
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Assign to selfies a new role and a new way to use it.
- Giving a new solution to people with blindness and dementia ( like alzeihmer ) :)
What I learned
- A hack for selfies isn't a bad idea ;)
What's next for Selfies For Disabilities
Actually, Selfies For Disabilities is in early beta mode. So I expect to release soon a more stable version with design and UI improved to public soon . After this, I will work in expanding this app to wearable technologie.