Hacks and Breaches are happening more than ever, and will continue to happen. Security measures must be put in place that protect users. In talking with developers, I noticed one of the biggest issues regarding encryption was the actual implementing of it at scale in a secure manner. Hence, I sought out to build SelfGuard.
What it does
SelfGuard is Universal API For Encryption. It provides developer building blocks and core APIs that reduces developers time and effort in implementing encryption significantly. A few of these building blocks include:
- Encrypted Sharded File Storage (Great for confidential files or hidden NFTs)
- Encrypted Notifications (Great for Dapps that wish to collect user emails and phone numbers without the risk of data being leaked)
- Encrypted Off-Chain Storage (Great for storing information leveraged by an oracle who has sole permission to read that data)
How we built it
SelfGuard was built from the previous experience of having built https://overline.network. It primarily uses Node.js and leverages microservices to
Challenges we ran into
- Initially we began with developing "DocuSign Using Blockchain", but upon testing it in the market, enterprise users simply did not care whether DocuSign was secure or not. This experience allowed us to quickly pivot into developing a Universal API For Encryption instead, upon the experience with working with another startup in developing an End-To-End Encrypted Period Tracking App.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Working with IPFS to handle their concern that IPFS providers can fully read files, they required a solution that can shard and encrypt files, which SelfGuard successfully built for them.
- Decentralized Key Management across multiple service providers (significantly reducing centralized risk)
What we learned
- Its critical to take on as many client calls as early as you can and cater the product around their needs and grow from there.
What's next for SelfGuard
- Onboarding more clients
- Developing more building blocks and features on top of the existing API
- Raising our Seed Round
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.