Select2 is a jQuery-based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and pagination of results.
To get started, checkout examples and documentation at https://select2.github.io/
- Enhancing native selects with search.
- Enhancing native selects with a better multi-select interface.
- Nesting optgroups: native selects only support one level of nesting. Select2 does not have this restriction.
- Tagging: ability to add new items on the fly.
- Working with large, remote datasets: ability to partially load a dataset based on the search term.
- Paging of large datasets: easy support for loading more pages when the results are scrolled to the end.
- Templating: support for custom rendering of results and selections.
- IE 8+
- Chrome 8+
- Firefox 10+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 10.6+
The documentation for Select2 is available through GitHub Pages.
You can find out about the different ways to get in touch with the Select2 community at the Select2 community page.