What it does
Uses Twitch chat and an IRC bot in order to send instructions to the servo motors.
How we built it
- Also some Python.
Challenges we ran into
- We accidentally broke wires and had to solder them back in place.
- Everything broke.
- We cannibalised a robot.
- We were unable to provide enough power to the servo motors from the GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi
- We had to run instructions from the Raspberry Pi through a Serial interface into the Arduino, which we then used GPIO to power the servo motors.
- University firewalls blocking IRC!?
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We built a wall ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
What we learned
- Electrical engineering is hard.
- Always keep a multimeter on hand.
What's next for Sebastian?
Twitch controls a Mars rover.