- My new kitten, Ash, as well as all of the other kittens that my friends and I have adopted.
What it does
- Social Media Platform Designed solely for cute cats, as demanded by the spike in pet adoption thanks to COVID-19 and quarantine.
How I built it
- Node JS, Express, MongoDB Atlas, Passport all deployed with Heroku.
Challenges I ran into
- Deploying with Heroku — errors are particularly hard to debug because of vague errors in console log.
- Figuring out routes (RESTFUL)
- User Authentication
- We are both beginners at web development, so launching a fully working product was a huge undertaking for us that we successfully accomplished.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Learning Node, creating a fully functional social media application in one night
What I learned
- that cat allergies are always worth the cat
What's next for ScratchPost
- direct image upload, right now you have to post to imgur and copy/paste image address.
- fingers crossed that my domain.com DNS works in time for judging, because scratchpost.space is a pretty catchy name. Shoutout to my friend Hareem for the idea.
- better UI and theme
Please feel free to add comments and pictures of your own cats! I always love seeing cute cats. (you might have to upload to imgur first and copy/paste image address)