SCI4ALL: Decentralized Science Research
SCI4ALL is an application for decentralized decision making for scientists and researchers to collaborate and be paid fairly for their work developed for ETHWaterloo
Inspiration and Motivation
- Scientists collect large amounts of valuable data everyday but data is not shared.
- Science should be more collaborative - instead there is a high degree of fear among scientists
- Billions of dollars wasted on redundant research due to replication of data.
- Issues with funding distribution within research
DApp for decentralized decision making for scientists and researchers to collaborate and be paid fairly for their work. Scientists submit grant proposals and stake holders vote for their preferred choice. The blockchain-based system improves crediting/funding allocations among researchers. **Image a world where scientists can collaborate, and trust is given without limitations.
- Verify the authenticity of data with "time stamps" with immutability blockchain
- Guarantee protection of intellectual property rights
- Facilitate the exchange of valuable research results - peer reviewing and the publication of papers
- Tamper-proof history of recording research contributions in transactions
- Incentive tokens for data sharing
- User friendly interface to make blockchain easily accessible for everyone
Setting up the Ethereum smart contract development environment:
- Truffle v5.0.44 (core: 5.0.44)
- Solidity v0.5.12 (solc-js)
- Node v10.17.0
- Web3.js v1.2.2
How the Dapp works
* Start the local web server * npm run dev * Research projects are associated with Eth addresses * User clicks "Fund Research" button * Popup to connect Metamask wallet to SCI4ALL * Transactions of ETH are tracked on MetaMask and Ganache * "Success" button appears on the funded research