- We wanted to build something to help combat school shootings and other crimes that take place due to unrecognized people in schools. We decided the best way to go about this was by making a security camera that could alert a user if it detects an unrecognized individual.
What it does
- School Security is a camera that is trained to recognize 3 cases: verified students, unrecognized individuals, and no people. It then either rings a bell, sets off an alarm, or doesn't alert for each case respectively. ## How I built it
- Using ML for the first time, integrating the Teachable Machine on the Raspberry Pi, and creating a standalone product that has no need for an external monitor or computer. ## What I learned
- Integrate different systems of notifying a principal/security guard (sms, email, iOS push notification)
- Test out School Security in schools to see what other features would be useful that could be implemented.