We as students, always have to schedule several meetings over a week; most of it adhoc/something that gets decided in no time. Often, we are in a team working on course projects, personal projects etc. In most scenarios, it's one of the team members who has to bare the brunt of scheduling, coordinating, following-up on team members' availability and further deciding upon a specific time for meet. Here, the coordinator has no bonus points for all the efforts involved.
Here, we present our web-app -ScheduleIt! which we have hosted on amazon ec2. The flow would be:-
- Coordinator/team member acting as coordinator creates a time slot for a possible meeting and in turn gets a link/token for the meeting. The link would be shared with his team-mates. And his job as coordinator ends there!
- Teammates after receiving the URL/mail, just enter their email and their availability. The web-app then checks for most probable time slot and sends a remainder after either: (a) Everyone has entered their time slot (b) The time to vote/enter their preference expires.(In the current implementation, we have overridden the feature to wait for expiration time since we have designed it in terms of hours; for demo purposes.
- All the team mates are sent an email by the web app with the scheduled time.
- Automated scheduling of meetings. Coordinator need not worry about finding the most appropriate slot for the meeting (unlike apps such as When2Meet).
- Better coordination with the team due to auto-scheduling.
- In future, we plan to add more scheduling algorithms such as priority based scheduling etc. Also, we are working on integrating the app with whatsapp or phone messages which can be a great feature. In addition, a location suggestion would make the tool complete.
Target Users: Mostly in academia where things are not very organized and there is no one responsible for scheduling meetings.